GLOBALFOUNDRIES’ trademarks, service marks and logos are valuable intellectual property of the company. At any given time there may be a number of logos, service marks and trademarks found on this Site. By making them available on this Site, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is not granting you any license to use any of its logos, service marks, or trademarks. A listing of GLOBALFOUNDRIES' trademarks and service marks can be found at the bottom of this page. Other product or service names may be the property of their respective owners.
Prohibition of use of GLOBALFOUNDRIES logos and trademarks without express written permission
GLOBALFOUNDRIES carefully controls the use of its logos and trademarks. No other company may use GLOBALFOUNDRIES logos or trademarks without the express written permission of the GLOBALFOUNDRIES Legal Department. If and when you are given permission, your usage of these marks is permissible only in connection with the products and/or services of GLOBALFOUNDRIES Inc. or its subsidiaries. In addition, no other company may use a GLOBALFOUNDRIES trademark in a hyperlink or URL without express written permission.
Fair use of GLOBALFOUNDRIES trademarks
"Fair use" of GLOBALFOUNDRIES trademarks, that is, use by another party without express permission or license, is limited to text-only references to GLOBALFOUNDRIES trademarks such as product and service names, and excludes GLOBALFOUNDRIES logos.
In such references, you must be truthful, must not disparage GLOBALFOUNDRIES, and must not mislead the public. You must be clear and accurate as to the nature of the relationship between GLOBALFOUNDRIES and your company, its products, and its services.
Use of GLOBALFOUNDRIES corporate name
The word GLOBALFOUNDRIES may be used to refer to GLOBALFOUNDRIES Inc., the corporation. However, GLOBALFOUNDRIES Inc., the company, is different from GLOBALFOUNDIRES, the brand. Any references to GLOBALFOUNDRIES Inc., the corporation, should have no logo markings and should not be stylized, and the word GLOBALFOUNDRIES should be used as a noun. Any usage of GLOBALFOUNDRIES referring to the brand should follow the trademark usage guidelines provided in these Guidelines.
Proper usage of trademarks
1. Use trademark notices. A trademark that has not been registered with the United States Patent and
Trademark Office (USPTO) should be marked with a “™” or “SM” symbol. A trademark that has been registered with the USPTO should be marked with a “®” symbol.
2. Use trademarks as adjectives. Trademarks are adjectives that designate a specific brand of product. A noun should nearly always be used in connection with the trademark. To determine whether the rule is being followed, simply remove the trademark from the sentence. If a complete and grammatically correct sentence remains, then the trademark is being used properly.
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES® wafers incorporate the use of many technologies, including leading-edge technologies such as High K-metal gate technology,...
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES’ new GLOBALSOLUTIONS® ecosystem will promote more rapid and coordinated innovation...
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES’ BCDlite® foundry technology is optimized for automotive applications such as power management devices, audio amplifiers, displays and LED driver integrated circuits (ICs).
3. Do not modify trademarks. This means do not shorten, abbreviate, conjugate, or otherwise modify a trademark. Trademarks should not become plural or possessive.
4. Do not combine trademarks. Because trademarks are intended to designate a unique source of products, they should not be combined with the trademarks or product names of other companies.
5. Trademark Credit Line. All web pages, manuals, advertisements, promotional, marketing, and recruitment materials should include a trademark credit line.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Text Trademarks
| || |