Mobility, the Internet of Things and the race to 5G continue to drive industry growth and opportunities. All require future-ready semiconductor technology to handle rising customer expectations, increasing complexity, and evolving, more challenging standards.
Built on a cost-effective silicon technology base, GLOBALFOUNDRIES RF silicon-on-insulator (SOI) and silicon germanium (SiGe) offerings are designed to deliver an optimal combination of performance, integration potential, and power efficiency for differentiated RF solutions that stay ahead of marketplace demands. Spanning a broad range of process technology nodes, the RF SOI and SiGe portfolios include:
- Mobile-optimized RF SOI and SiGe power amplifier (PA) technology families for cellular and Wi-Fi front-end modules in mobile devices, access points, the Internet of Things, and more
- Performance-optimized SiGe technologies for demanding RF solutions across aerospace, automotive, industrial, communications, and test-equipment applications
GLOBALFOUNDRIES RF SOI and SiGe technologies are complemented by:
- World-class physical design kits and design enablement, with ultra-accurate model-to-hardware correlation
- Deep manufacturing expertise, with billions of chips already shipped to industry leaders
- Expanded manufacturing capacity and capabilities
- Ongoing investment, innovation, and technology roadmap enhancements and additions
Regularly scheduled, cost-effective multi-project wafer (MPW) runs through MOSIS enable fast prototyping so that you can see results in hardware early. Contact a GLOBALFOUNDRIES sales representative for the latest MPW schedule.