Semiconductor solutions for mobility, the Internet of Things and 5G applications require future-ready technology to handle pervasive connectivity, fast access to data, increasing complexity and tougher standards and protocols.
Built on a cost-effective CMOS technology base, GLOBALFOUNDRIES RF silicon-on-insulator (SOI) and silicon germanium (SiGe) offerings are designed to deliver an optimal combination of performance, integration and power efficiency to help you develop differentiated RF solutions that keep pace with marketplace demands. Spanning a broad range of process technology nodes, our RF SOI and SiGe portfolios include:
- Connectivity-optimized RF SOI and SiGe power amplifier (PA) technology families for cellular and Wi-Fi front-end modules (FEMs) in a host of mobility applications, including smartphones, tablets, notebook computers, access points and IoT solutions
- An advanced RF SOI technology, 45RFSOI, for integrated millimeter wave (mmWave) FEMs and beam formers in 5G base stations and smartphones, phased array front ends in internet broadband satellites, radar and other high-performance applications
- High-performance SiGe (SiGe HP) technologies for demanding RF solutions across aerospace, automotive, industrial, communications and test-equipment applications
GF RF SOI and SiGe technologies are complemented by:
- Comprehensive process design kits and design enablement with excellent model-to-hardware correlation
- Deep manufacturing expertise and widespread industry adoption, with more than
27 billion RF SOI chips and 4 billion SiGe chips already shipped
- Expanded, multi-fab manufacturing capacity and capabilities
- Ongoing investment, innovation and technology roadmap enhancements
Regularly scheduled, cost-effective multi-project wafer (MPW) runs through the MOSIS Service of the USC Information Sciences Institute are available and enable fast prototyping so you can see results in hardware early. Contact a GF sales representative for the latest MPW schedule.