GLOBALFOUNDRIES-Town of Malta Foundation Awards 2014 Grants
Foundation presents $172,915 in new funding to 43 local organizations supporting a wide variety of community programs
Malta, NY – December 16, 2014 – The GLOBALFOUNDRIES-Town of Malta Foundation today presented its 2014 slate of grants totaling $172,915 benefiting 43 local organizations and community projects. The 2014 grant awards were presented today at a reception hosted at the David R. Meager Community Center in Malta. Organizations were on hand to receive checks funding the following programs:
- Ballston Spa CSD Partnership for Innovation in Education Fund: $4,000 to support the FIRST robotics team
- NY Tech Valley Robotics: $6,000 to support the Annual Robot Rumble Robotics Competition event in Malta
- Ballston Spa High School PTA: $2,000 to support the "After Prom" event promoting a safe, drug and alcohol free environment for high school students
- Ballston Spa Junior Baseball League: $4,000 for improvements to the youth sports field
- Best Buddies New York: $1,000 to support three Best Buddies chapters
- CAPTAIN Youth and Family Services: $2,000 to support the Runaway and Homeless Emergency Youth Shelter
- Chango Elementary School Literacy Team: $4,000 to support materials and technology to support literacy programs
- Dunning Street Rural Cemetery Association: $3,000 to help fund necessary improvements of historical features
- Eastline Romp and Play Dog Park: $2,500for equipment and improvements to public park
- Fire Companies of Malta: $3,000 for equipment to improve the new fire station
- Gordon Creek Elementary PTA: $2,600 to support a school wide music and cultural arts in education initiative
- Junior Achievement of Northeastern NY: $4,500 to fund 45 Junior Achievement classes reaching 900 students in the Ballston Spa school system
- Malta-Stillwater EMS: $20,000 to purchase a mechanical CPR device
- The Malta Athletic Association: $4,000 for equipment and field maintenance supporting public athletic fields
- Malta Avenue Elementary Parent Teacher Association: $3,000 to support education and recreation events at Malta Avenue Elementary
- Malta League of Arts: $2,500 to fund the annual Arts Attitudes with a Visual Experience
- Malta Ridge Cemetery Association: $3,000 to help repair and restore historic stones and monuments
- Malta Ridge Volunteer Fire Company: $5,000 to purchase equipment supporting local emergency response
- Malta Seniors: $2,800 to support programs for seniors
- Miss Scottie's Softball Association: $4,000 to help fund equipment for local youth athletic programs
- Rebuilding Together Saratoga County: $10,000 to purchase building materials needed for home repairs supporting local families in need
- Village of Round Lake Auditorium: $1,683 to repair and replace fixtures and equipment in the historic Auditorium building
- Round Lake Hose Company: $5,000 to purchase a Bullex Digital Fire Training System to support local fire fighting and emergency response
- Round Lake/Malta Youth Baseball League: $4,000 to support improvements for the local youth athletic fields
- Rug Runners Robotics: $10,000 to purchase materials in support of the FIRST Robotics team
- Saratoga Bridges: $8,182 to purchase therapeutic and wellness equipment for three sites in Malta
- Saratoga Springs Blue Streak Robotics: $250 to support the Saratoga Vex Robotic Competition
- Saratoga Rowing Association: $2,500 to help fund equipment for Ballston Spa rowing team activities
- St. Mary's School Lego Enrichment Club: $2,400 to purchase equipment supporting Lego teams competing in First Lego League Tournament
- St. Peter Lutheran Church: $5,000 to purchase food for the Malta Community Center food pantry supporting local families in need
- The Children's Museum at Saratoga: $2,000 to help fund a new science exhibit
- Malta Youth Commission: $4,000 to fund four programs throughout the year supporting families in Malta
- Town of Malta Department of Parks & Recreation: $4,500 to support the 2015 Summer Concert Series
- Collamer Park: $4,000 to support revitalization efforts at local park
- Round Lake Library: $1,000 to build the Eco Explorers Discovery Pack Loaner program
- Spotlighters' Theatre Troupe: $5,000 for equipment and installation of equipment supporting community theater at the Malta Community Center
- Town of Malta Veterans Committee: $10,000 to help support the Honor Flight program for Malta veterans and their guardians
In addition to these 2014 grant awards, this year the GLOBALFOUNDRIES-Town of Malta Foundation has identified $10,500 in additional grant funding that can be accessed by five qualifying organizations on an as-needed basis through 2015. These five organizations - the Angel Names Association, Camp Abilities Saratoga, Jake’s Help From Heaven, Taylor’s Heroes, and the Tears Foundation – each support specific programs designed to assist local families in the event of crisis situation. These five organizations have qualified to receive grant funding if situations occur that meet the Foundation’s grant guidelines through the next year.
The GLOBALFOUNDRIES-Town of Malta Foundation provides thousands of dollars of grant funding every year local to organizations, programs and projects that provide tangible benefits of a public nature to diverse groups serving the citizens of the Town of Malta including, not-for-profit corporations, charitable organizations, community arts and theater groups, community historical sites, special events, education programs, and sports and recreation activities.
Each year, the GLOBALFOUNDRIES-Town of Malta Foundation looks for projects that are creative, innovative, and inclusive in their scope and opportunities that will provide the maximum amount of benefit to the local Malta community. The Foundation’s history of giving includes:
- 2011: $37,500 to 13 local organizations
- 2012: $60,000 to 23 local organizations
- 2013: $164,000 to 38 local organizations
- 2014: $172,915 to 43 local organizations
Information on 2015 grant application process will be available on the GLOBALFOUNDRIES-Town of Malta Foundation Web page soon. Please continue to check the Web page for more information.
ABOUT THE GLOBALFOUNDRIES-TOWN OF MALTA FOUNDATION
As part of the development of the Fab 8 project, GLOBALFOUNDRIES has invested $5 million to fund two charitable foundations – the GLOBALFOUNDRIES-Town of Malta Foundation and the GLOBALFOUNDRIES-Town of Stillwater Foundation. Both foundations are using the initial $5 million corporate contribution and annual income earned from investments to fund a wide variety of local community programs.
The GLOBALFOUNDRIES-Malta Foundation was developed to fund organizations, programs and projects that provide tangible benefits of a public nature to diverse groups serving the citizens of the Town of Malta including, not-for-profit corporations, charitable organizations, community arts and theater groups, community historical sites, special events, education programs, and sports and recreation activities.
Each year, the GLOBALFOUNDRIES-Town of Malta Foundation looks for projects that are creative, innovative, and inclusive in their scope and opportunities that will provide the maximum amount of benefit to the local Malta community. For more information, visit the Foundation’s Web site (URL: https://sites.google.com/site/gfmaltafoundationorg/home ).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 150 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by Mubadala Development Company. For more information, visit http://www.globalfoundries.com.