Welcome to DAC 2011
Our theme at DAC 2011 is Delivering Innovation through True Collaboration
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is committed to providing a total solution for foundry customers. Serving most of the world's leading semiconductor companies, and many emerging leaders, we have a proven record of deploying highly innovative and cost effective solutions that span the diverse needs of the consumer, computing, communication and industrial/automotive segments. We are the only pure-play foundry in production with leading edge High-K/Metal Gate technology (HKMG), and will ship more HKMG volume than all other foundries combined in 2011.
We partner with members of the GLOBALSOLUTIONS ecosystem, and they are involved in all aspects of design enablement and turnkey services, EDA, IP, mask operations, and assembly and test solutions. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is collaborating to deliver solutions that serve all key semiconductor markets.
We are a proud member of the Common Platform Alliance, announcing last year a collaboration to synchronize semiconductor manufacturing facilities for the production of advanced chips based on 28nm-SLP with IBM, Samsung Electronics, and STMicroelectronics. Through close collaboration with our partners, GLOBALFOUNDRIES has developed an innovative 28nm platform that offers lower power, higher performance and lower cost; unique in the foundry industry in that it alone offers the full entitlement of scaling from the 45/40nm node, with a 10-20% cost saving over HKMG solutions offered by other foundries. This provides a value proposition unmatched in the foundry industry.
Our solutions and value propositions highlighted at DAC include:
- 28nm Super Low Power (SLP) Technology with Gate First High-K/Metal Gate. This solution, described in the next section of this newsletter, is fully enabled with design kits and IP, is the optimal solution for high performance mobile applications such as phones and tablets; delivering high performance to the 2GHz range with low power and low cost, avoiding the stress elements and extra mask steps required for high performance technologies.
- 28nm High Performance Plus (HPP) Technology with Gate First High-K/Metal Gate. Our 28nm-HPP solution extends the performance level of 28nm to the 3GHz range, with the same die size advantages offered by SLP over the offerings from other foundries. HPP includes low leakage transistor and SRAM options for mobile high performance applications beyond the range of SLP.
- RF CMOS and Other Value Added Solution Process Modules. These solutions are tried and proven by our customers for the diverse and demanding needs of consumer, computing, communication and industrial/automotive segments. This includes a robust platform for CMOS and BiCMOS value added solutions with plug-and-play modules for high voltage, embedded non-volatile memory and RF/analog mixed signal needs. We are one of the world's leading producers of power management modules and RF combo chips, utilized in the majority of the world's smart phones.
- Design Enablement and Design for Manufacturing. Solutions to lower your R&D and time-to-market barriers featuring libraries, memory compilers, IP, and 28nm digital and analog mixed signal design flows from industry leaders, and our industry award-winning DRC+ for automated DFM.
- Globally Diversified Fab Capacity to Secure Your Supply Chain. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry with leading edge capabilities spanning three continents. We are investing $5.4B this year in fab expansion. Our leading edge capacity will expand to 2.3 million 300 mm wafers annually across the United States, Europe and Asia, offering a flexible and secure long term source of supply that is unique to the foundry industry.
On behalf of the GLOBALFOUNDRIES team, we look forward to seeing you at DAC in booth #1517 and hope you enjoy the conference.
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit http://www.globalfoundries.com.