Study at a Professional Academy
Every year for the winter semester, GLOBALFOUNDRIES offers the opportunity to complete a dual studies course in many branches of study.
Such a study course runs for 6 semesters and is divided into alternating theoretical and practical elements. In the 6th semester, during the practical phase, you write a bachelor’s thesis to complete your studies as a Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Arts.
We regularly offer the following branches of study:
• Service Engineering at BA Leipzig
• Electrical Engineering at BA Bautzen
• Environmental Engineering at BA Riesa*
• Information Technology at BA Dresden
• Business Administration - Industry at BA Dresden
*This branch of study is only advertised upon sufficient demand.
Prerequisite for applying for a BA study course at GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the general or subject-specific higher education entrance qualification with very good to excellent results. Good knowledge of English is also a prerequisite.
Given the alternating theoretical and practical elements, a BA study course at GLOBALFOUNDRIES furthermore requires great organizational skill, since each practical element must be accompanied by concurrent preparation for exams or writing of research papers.
Application and course of studies
1. Once your application has been received, a preselection is made. If you are eligible, we will invite you to an interview and/or an assessment centre to learn more about you.
Please apply here.
2. If you successfully pass the selection process, then your studies will commence in September/October. You can then refer to the curriculum of the respective professional academy for all the details of your course.
3. Course duration is a total of 6 semesters (3 years) and is divided into alternating theoretical and practical elements, where the length of the practical elements differs between the individual professional academies. Typically, they alternate every 3 months.
4. The theoretical element is taken at the respective professional academies and the practical element at GLOBALFOUNDRIES Dresden.
5. In the 6th and final semester, you will write a bachelor’s thesis with which you will later complete your studies.